Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3
There are other influences to be gained from a persons name number, which are called the “Numbers of underlying influence”. The first is the vowel vibration of the name, which reveals a persons secret longings and hidden desires. It represents the person we long to be, our inner craving, likes and dislikes. To find this number simply add the numerical value of the vowels contained in the persons name and reduce them to their primary number:
Example: My name George Knowles has 5 vowels - EOEOE, which translates to the numbers - 5+6+5+6+5 = 27 2+7 = 9
Therefore my vowel vibrational number is 9.
In numerology the letter “Y” is used as a vowel when there is no other vowel in a syllable (i.e. Glynn or Carolyn) and when it is preceded by a vowel and sounded as one sound (i.e. Hayden).
People with vowel number 1
secretly long to be great leaders and to
work independently by themselves. They
dream of receiving fame and recognition, and take
pride in their abilities. They want
to be creative and original, and to
invent and create masterpieces, but in their desire
to manage the big picture, they must
learn to practise moderation and accept their limitations.
2) People with vowel number 2 long for peace, tranquillity and harmony. They want to work with others as a part of a team, but cannot understand why people don’t get along. Leadership is not important to them, but making a contribution to the team effort is. To that end they work hard to achieve harmony with others, particularly cheerful, good-tempered and kindly people like themselves.
3) People with vowel number 3 secretly long to live life to the fullest. They like an active social life and usually enjoy a large circle of friends. They also like to be at the centre of things were they can express their artistic and intellectual talents. They are generally energetic and lively, and have an upbeat attitude that is rarely discouraged.
4) People with vowel number 4 long to be solid citizens that people can depend on. They like to organize and plan all their endeavours. They dream about work schedules and master plans with which to establish and maintain order. They are highly analytical and manage their way through most situations using well-planed conventional methods. Practical, honest and reliable, they have the ability to see a project through to completion, achieving success along the way.
5) People with vowel number 5 want to be adventurers and to follow a life of freedom, to discover uncharted territories and leave behind the mundane world. The idea of travel and freedom intrigues them, for life is too short to sit at a desk pushing papers, and they desperately want to escape it. They are not particularly concerned about the future or about getting ahead, and are forever opportunistic and optimistic.
6) People with vowel number 6 long to have the perfect home and family, and dream of settling into a long-term relationship. Friendship, love and affection are highest on their list of priorities. They have many diplomatic skills with which to balance difficult situations, and like to be appreciated for their ability to handle responsibility. They would like nothing more than to watch those they love grow up around them, but it is extremely important for them to have harmony in the home at all times.
7) People with vowel number 7 want to be left alone to contemplate life’s great mysteries. They like solitary pursuits like hiking through beautiful hills and misty valleys, or reading inspirational books. They want silence, peace and quiet from where they can dream, study and analyse in order to gain knowledge and wisdom.
8) People with vowel number 8 want to be in control of themselves and those around them. Power, status and success are very important to them. They have a natural flare for big business and the challenges imposed by the commercial world. They have good executive abilities, alongside confidence, energy and ambition. They have an analytical mind and sound judgment, and being self-controlled, rarely let their emotions cloud their judgment. They dream of living in a palace and truly desire a grand extravagant life style.
9) People with vowel number 9 long for world peace and universal love. They are generous when sharing their humanitarian knowledge and experience, and highly motivated to give friendship, love and affection. They want the world to be perfect in every way possible, and dream of an unconditional acceptance of all humankind.
The second influence is the consonant vibration of the name.
A number that reveals the personality and inner
desires of the person, and the
face they allow to be reveal to others. It
can also be used to interpret the way others perceive them.
Simply add the numerical
value of the consonants contained in a
persons name and reduce them to their primary number:
Example: My name
George Knowles has 8 consonants -
GRGKNWLS, which translates to the numbers
- 7+9+7+2+5+5+3+1 = 39 3+9
= 12 1+2 = 3
Therefore my consonant vibrational number is 3.
People with the consonant
number 1 appear to be confident, bold and even daring.
They dream of being in
charge, and want to be known for their courage and original ideas.
They often come off a little strong, which makes them appear aggressively
self- assured, which is why some people have a hard time approaching them. Others
say they are merely comfortable with their own abilities, a quality they find
2) People with the consonant number 2 are perceived as quiet and reserved. They are not interested in becoming great leaders and prefer to remain behind the scenes supporting and encouraging others. They present an easygoing image that makes them easy to talk to and easy to get along with. They are sensitive to other peoples needs and always tactful and diplomatic.
3) People with the consonant number 3 are seen as the consummate party animal. They are perceived as jovial, fun and exciting. Most people enjoy their natural enthusiasm. Their outgoing personality and great sense of humour makes them very attractive people to almost everyone who meets them.
4) People with the consonant number 4 often come across as a little dull. Others perceive them as cautious and sober. They are seen as perfect law abiding people who prefer a practical life style rather than a glamorous one. People appreciate their honesty and consider them to be very responsible and trustworthy.
5) People with the consonant number 5 dream of being free and unrestrained by responsibility. They are a natural born rebels who resist any form of conformity. Others perceive them as adventurous, magnetic, outgoing and fun to be with. As such they often appear to be younger than they really are. Travel and languages are their main interests.
6) People with the consonant number 6 are perceived as romantic, gracious and natural-born hosts. Most people find them artistic and creative as well as sensitive and easy to talk to. They are considered by most to be very reliable people, are natural born counsellors, and the person people turn to when they need a shoulder to cry on.
7) People with the consonant number 7 are perceived to be refined, intelligent and elegant (in their own way), but distant. They tend to be private and scholarly, and have a very aloof air about them. Most people have trouble approaching them, but those who do usually find they are actually quite illuminating once they get them talking.
8) People with the consonant number 8 are perceived as intelligent, strong and successful, but at the same time intimidating. They ooze self-confidence and success, enticing people to join their side of the team. Their confidence is very attractive to others. Their main desire is for material wealth, success and recognition.
9) People with the consonant number 9 are generally seen as kind and loving people. They have a youthful quality that attracts people to them for many reasons. Spiritual in a humanitarian way they dream of creating peace and harmony around the world.
There is one other influential number to be gained from our name number and that is the frequency number, which only applies when the same number is repeated in the name and clearly dominates over the others. A dominant repetition of a number in a person’s name shows what special trait or talent they possess may influence others. This is called the “Number of added influence”.
To find your frequency number, transposed your name to numbers as already shown, and use the chart below:
Example: George Knowles
As can be seen, the number 5 clearly dominates throughout my own name, making number 5 my frequency number. The following correspondences show how the frequency numbers may affect you.
If the number 1 dominates a person’s name number, they are likely to be
headstrong and assertive in their need to lead.
Fame and recognition is
what they desire most, but they
should ease up a little and avoid being too quick to demand their own way.
If the number 2 dominates
a person’s name number, they are likely to be considerate of others and have a
flair for compromise. Their
strengths are tact and diplomacy, which could best be used to advantage in a
customer relations type career.
3) If the number 3 dominates a person’s name number, they should concentrate on their artistic and creative talents on such things as: music, writing or acting. Their general enthusiasm often makes them the centre of attention, which they should use to their own advantage.
4) If the number 4 dominates a person’s name number, they are likely to show strong organizational abilities, with a preference for law and order. They would do well in careers that require long term planning and strategies, such as in law enforcement or government agencies.
5) If the number 5 dominates a person’s name number, they are likely to have a restless nature much in need of stimulation. They should seek a career that offers adventure, travel and independence. The dashing appeal of an airline pilot’s uniform may be appealing, or a world events journalist reporting on war issues.
6) If the number 6 dominates a person’s name number, they are likely to have strong humanitarian beliefs and emotions. They have diplomatic skills that make them natural born counsellors, and are able to handle most difficult situations responsibly. However they expect loyalty for their friendship and like to be appreciated for their efforts.
7) If the number 7 dominates a person’s name number, they are likely to be scholarly and highly analytical. They refer books to people, and often appear aloof and intimidating. They take nothing on faith, and strive to reason everything.
8) If the number 8 dominates a person’s name number, they are likely to have an intense desire for power and control. Their strength of character drives them to accomplish all goals. They are happy to carry other people along with them and allow them to share in his success, but only under his guiding command.
If the number 9 dominates a person’s name number,
they are likely to become idealists in a spiritual
and humanitarian way. They may
be generous to a fault, but can take issues such as religion and philosophy to
the extreme. Their dream is peace and harmony around the world.
In conclusion, numerology is an ancient method of divination using a numerical system of values (in this case the Pythagorean system), to determine the cause and affect of natural influences on the individual. Numerological practices and beliefs have survived throughout the centuries right down to the present day, and are based on the concept that the entire universe is composed of mathematical patterns, which correspond to natural universal vibrations. The belief is that all things germane to your name and birthday can be reduced to numbers in order to determine your personality, destiny and future fortune. Try it and see, you may be surprised at how accurate it can be???
Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3
Complete Illustrated Book of the Psychic Sciences
(1966) - by Walter B. Gibson
Man, Myth and Magic - Edited by Richard Cavendish
Just some of the websites I would recomend:
Written and compiled on
the 07th February 2008 ©
Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3
Let there be peace in the world - Where have all the flowers gone?
My Personal Page / My Place in England, UK / My Family Tree (Ancestry)
Wicca/Witchcraft / What is Wicca / What is Magick
Wiccan Rede / Charge of the Goddess / Charge of the God / The Three-Fold Law (includes The Law of Power and The Four Powers of the Magus) / The Witches Chant / The Witches Creed / Descent of the Goddess / Drawing Down the Moon / The Great Rite Invocation / Invocation of the Horned God / The 13 Principles of Wiccan Belief / The Witches Rede of Chivalry / A Pledge to Pagan Spirituality
Incense / Candles / Colours / Magickal Days / Stones and Gems / Elements and Elementals
Traditions Part 1 - Alexandrian Wicca / Aquarian Tabernacle Church (ATC) / Ár Ndraíocht Féin (ADF) / Blue Star Wicca / British Traditional (Druidic Witchcraft) / Celtic Wicca / Ceremonial Magic / Chaos Magic / Church and School of Wicca / Circle Sanctuary / Covenant of the Goddess (COG) / Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPS) / Cyber Wicca / Dianic Wicca / Eclectic Wicca / Feri Wicca /
Traditions Part 2 - Gardnerian Wicca / Georgian Tradition / Henge of Keltria / Hereditary Witchcraft / Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (H.O.G.D.) / Kitchen Witch (Hedge Witch) / Minoan Brotherhood and Minoan Sisterhood Tradition / Nordic Paganism / Pagan Federation / Pectic-Wita / Seax-Wica / Shamanism / Solitary / Strega / Sylvan Tradition / Vodoun or Voodoo / Witches League of Public Awareness (WLPA) /
Gods and Goddesses (Greek
Mythology) / Esbats &
Full Moons / Links
to Personal Friends & Resources / Wicca/Witchcraft
Resources / What's a spell? /
Circle Casting and
Sacred Space / Pentagram
- Pentacle / Marks
of a Witch / The Witches
Power / The Witches Hat
esoteric guide to visiting London / Satanism
Unitarian Universalist Association / Numerology: Part 1
/ Part 2 / Part
3 / A
history of the Malleus Maleficarum: includes: Pope
Innocent VIII /
papal Bull /
Malleus Maleficarum /
An extract from the Malleus Maleficarum
/ The letter of approbation
Nider’s Formicarius /
Heinrich Kramer /
/ Montague Summers /
/ The Albigenses
The Hussites / The
/ Shielding (Occult
and Psychic Protection) /
Sabbats in History and Mythology / Samhain (October 31st) / Yule (December 21st) / Imbolc (February 2nd) / Ostara (March 21st) / Beltane (April 30th) / Litha (June 21st) / Lughnasadh (August 1st) / Mabon (September 21st)
Rituals contributed by Crone: Samhain / Yule / Imbolc / Ostara / Beltane / Litha / Lammas / Mabon
Tools of a Witch / The Besom (Broom) / Poppets and Dolls / Pendulums / Cauldron Magick / Mirror Gazing
Animals in Witchcraft (The Witches Familiar) / Antelope / Bats / Crow / Fox / Frog and Toads / Goat / Honeybee / Kangaroo / Lion / Owl / Phoenix / Rabbits and Hares / Raven / Robin Redbreast / Sheep / Spider / Squirrel / Swans / Wild Boar / Wolf / Serpent / Pig / Stag / Horse / Mouse / Cat
In Worship of Trees - Myths, Lore and the Celtic Tree Calendar. For descriptions and correspondences of the thirteen sacred trees of Wicca/Witchcraft see the following: Birch / Rowan / Ash / Alder / Willow / Hawthorn / Oak / Holly / Hazel / Vine / Ivy / Reed / Elder. Also see: The Willow Tree (Folk Music)
Mystical Sacred Sites - Stonehenge / Glastonbury Tor / Malta - The Hypogeum of Hal Saflieni / Avebury / Cerne Abbas - The Chalk Giant / Ireland - Newgrange /
Rocks and Stones:
Stones - History, Myths and Lore
Articles contributed by Patricia Jean Martin: / Apophyllite / Amber / Amethyst / Aquamarine / Aragonite / Aventurine / Black Tourmaline / Bloodstone / Calcite / Carnelian / Celestite / Citrine / Chrysanthemum Stone / Diamond / Emerald / Fluorite / Garnet / Hematite / Herkimer Diamond / Labradorite / Lapis Lazuli / Malachite / Moonstone / Obsidian / Opal / Pyrite / Quartz (Rock Crystal) / Rose Quartz / Ruby / Selenite / Seraphinite / Silver and Gold / Smoky Quartz / Sodalite / Sunstone / Thunderegg / Tree Agate / Zebra Marble
Knowledge vs Wisdom by Ardriana Cahill / I Talk to the Trees / Awakening / The Witch in You / A Tale of the Woods
Articles and Stories about Witchcraft:
Murder by Witchcraft / The Fairy Witch of Clonmel / A Battleship, U-boat, and a Witch / The Troll-Tear (A story for Children) / Goody Hawkins - The Wise Goodwife / The Story of Jack-O-Lantern / The Murder of the Hammersmith Ghost / Josephine Gray (The Infamous Black Widow) / The Two Brothers - Light and Dark
Old Masters of Academia:
Pliny the Elder / Hesiod / Pythagoras
Remembered at Samhain
Abramelin the Mage / Agrippa / Aidan A. Kelly / Albertus Magnus “Albert the Great” / Aleister Crowley “The Great Beast” / Alex Sanders "the King of the Witches” / Alison Harlow / Amber K / Anna Franklin / Anodea Judith / Anton Szandor LaVey / Arnold Crowther / Arthur Edward Waite / Austin Osman Spare / Biddy Early / Bridget Cleary / Carl Llewellyn Weschcke / Cecil Hugh Williamson / Charles Godfrey Leland / Charles Walton / Christina Oakley Harrington / Damh the Bard (Dave Smith) / Dion Fortune / Dolores Aschroft-Nowicki / Dorothy Morrison / Doreen Valiente / Edward Fitch / Eleanor Ray Bone “Matriarch of British Witchcraft” / Dr. John Dee and Edward Kelly / Dr. Leo Louis Martello / Eliphas Levi / Ernest Thompson Seton / Ernest Westlake and the Order of Woodcraft Chivalry / Fiona Horne / Friedrich von Spee / Francis Barrett / Gerald B. Gardner / Gavin and Yvonne Frost and the School and Church of Wicca / Gwydion Pendderwen / Hans Holzer / Helen Duncan / Herman Slater "Horrible Herman" / Israel Regardie / James "Cunning" Murrell / Janet Farrar & Gavin Bone / Jessie Wicker Bell “Lady Sheba” / John Belham-Payne / John George Hohman / John Gerard / John Gordon Hargrave (the White Fox) / John Michael Greer / John Score / Johannes Junius the Burgomaster of Bamberg / Joseph John Campbell / Karl von Eckartshausen / Laurie Cabot "the Official Witch of Salem" / Lewis Spence / Margaret Alice Murray / Margot Adler / Marie Laveau the " Voodoo Queen of New Orleans" / Marion Weinstein / Matthew Hopkins “The Witch-Finder General” / Max Ehrmann and the Desiderata / Monique Wilson the “Queen of the Witches” / Montague Summers / Nicholas Culpeper / Nicholas Remy / M. R. Sellers / Mrs. Grieve "A Modern Herbal" / Oberon and Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart / Old Dorothy Clutterbuck / Old George Pickingill / Paddy Slade / Pamela Colman-Smith / Paracelsus / Patricia Crowther / Patricia Monaghan / Patricia “Trish” Telesco / Philip Emmons Isaac Bonewits / Philip Heselton / Raymond Buckland / Reginald Scot / Robert Cochrane / Robert ‘von Ranke’ Graves and "The White Goddess" /Rudolf Steiner / Rosaleen Norton “The Witch of Kings Cross” / Ross Nichols and The Order of Bards, Ovates & Druids / Sabrina - The Ink Witch / Scott Cunningham / Selena Fox / Silver Ravenwolf / Sir Francis Dashwood / Sir James George Frazer / S.L. MacGregor Mathers and the “Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn” / Starhawk / Stewart Farrar / Sybil Leek / Ted Andrews / The Mather Family - includes: Richard Mather, Increase Mather, Cotton Mather / Thomas Ady / Vera Chapman / Victor Henry Anderson / Vivianne Crowley / Walter Brown Gibson / William Butler Yeats / Zsuzsanna Budapest
Many of the above biographies are brief and far from complete. If you know about any of these individuals and can help with aditional information, please cantact me privately at my email address below. Many thanks for reading :-)
While I have taken due care and dilligence to credit all sources where possible, this website may contain copyrighted material which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. My use of making such material available here is done so in my efforts to advance our understanding of religious discrimination, the environmental and social justice issues etc. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this wedsite for purposes of your own then you must obtain permission from the relevant copyright owner yourself.
My online email discussion group:
Help send a message of peace around the world! The Dove of Peace flies from site to site, through as many countries as possible. It does not belong to ANY belief system. Please help make a line around the globe by taking it with you to your site, by giving it to someone for their site, by passing it on to another continent or to the conflict areas of the world. May trouble and strife be vanquished in it's path.